August 23rd, 2003
|jimbojones||12:42 am - fine, fine... lemming mode it is.|
A Random Number Of Random Things About Me
- I watch way, way too much Cartoon Network. Actually I don't. But I watch enough of it that most people would say that.
- I'm actually pretty reconciled with and happy with the fact that I'm in my thirties now. (w00t!)
- I used to be a fairly significant Intarweb Presence, but not anymore. Partly because I've lost interest, and partly because the internet has gotten pretty heavily commoditized, and mostly because the latter REALLY reinforces the former.
- I used to be a serial monogamist, but I think I've pretty much recovered. I feel weird about not being one anymore sometimes, but I try to squelch it when I do.
- I actually used to defend Microsoft from its detractors. Sigh.
- It took me about 30 total years of living in Alabama and South Carolina to do it, but I've finally inadvertently developed an unmistakeable Southern accent. That DOESN'T just appear when I'm pissed off enough to be close to throwing a punch at somebody.
- I used to stress really hard about the possibility that I might never Find Someone and Settle Down And Have Kids.
- I don't really worry about that anymore. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen - and it very well might not.
- I've discovered that life's a lot more enjoyable when you just live it the way it is instead of living it in anticipation of something you hope it will become.
- I am a card-carrying ACLU member in a state that has a GIGANTIC STATUE OF AN UNBORN FETUS ON THE GROUNDS OF THE STATE HOUSE. Sigh.
- I'm totally out of clever shit to say.
Current Mood: lemminglike
Current Music: inexorable march to the sea
dude, I have possible marriage+kids solutions for you: one
seriously, I think the biggest relationship-problem that people most often have is with themselves and their expectations. I used to stress about being alone before I got a girl; then I used to stress over unrequieted love. Now I stress about the wife in general. I don't think you can eliminate stress completely -- you wind up living in california with deepak chopra books, holding crystals if you try to get rid of all stress. Stressing about stuff is what makes people try for what they want (although to go back to the begining of this fucking three page long paragraph, too much stress is a Bad Thing.)
on the MS front, this has been suuuuuuch a great week to be a user of a non-MS OS. (although I did have one mac call ... but that was a problem with MS's exchange-compatibility fix w/ OS X (long story short: exchange works, if you've got an IMAP plugin turned on, an SMTP server for outgoing and an LDAP for calendar and global addresses. So MS's "exchange compatibility" is .... to not use Exchange, thanks MS.)